As a qualified and accredited psychotherapist and counsellor, I provide caring, professional and confidential counselling and psychotherapy in a professional, safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment.
I do not make any assumptions and you will not be judged, I believe that everyone is entitled to be treated with respect and compassion. I work on the basis that:
- everyone is fundamentally OK
- everyone has the capacity to think and feel
- people make decisions (mostly unconsciously) as they go through life that affect how they think, feel and behave
- you can change those decisions that are no longer useful to you and change the way you think, feel and behave for the better
- you do not have to let the past dictate your future; whatever has happened in the past, you can determine how your life is and will be from now on.
When we first meet I will carry out a full assessment, listen and take the time to understand your situation to ensure that you get the type and level of support that’s right for you. People seek support for many different reasons and everyone is unique.
I am trained in a variety of counselling, coaching and psychotherapeutic methods, including:
- TA (Transactional Analysis)
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Rewind Trauma Therapy
- EMI (Eye Movement Integration)
- life and business/executive coaching
- clinical hypnosis
Prior to becoming a psychotherapist I have a background in training, coaching and management in large organisations, so I have a good understanding of the pressures of working in these environments.
I strongly believe that one size does not fit all, so I will draw on whatever methods are appropriate to your individual situation, personality, issues, wants and needs.